Hello Friends and Supporters!
Summer is well underway! Things are progressing really well with Table Covenant Church and we wanted to update you on the latest news as well as give you some items for prayer.
We have two Home Groups launched and thriving! These mid-sized groups have been truly life-giving and we are thrilled at some of the early fruit. People are being given opportunities to serve, host, lead discussions and get to know people in a more intimate space. We have been working through Regent College's "Re/Frame" curriculum, and the resulting discussions have been rich and challenging. This June, we will be pivoting somewhat to give more consideration for what it means for our Home Groups to be more missionally engaged in their local contexts. We are excited for what will come of this renewed commitment to local mission.
Intentional Discipleship Group
For 10 weeks, a group of 10-12 individuals will be gathering on Monday evenings (both in person and online) to consider two questions: "what does it mean to BE a disciple?" and "how do we MAKE disciples?" -- after our first session, we are excited for where this is all going. The hope is that after these 10 weeks, those 10-12 people will be released to then invest in 3 individuals each and multiply the number of people intentionally walking with Jesus.
We've been meeting on alternating Sundays for a few weeks and the verdict is in: people love it! The tentative plan right now is to continue in this rhythm through the fall and re-evaluate how to proceed into the new year. We figure this rhythm is helpful for many reasons:
- puts our money where our mouth is when we say we really want Home Groups to be as important as our public worship gathering
- helps "church" be identified with more than just a building or what happens on stage
- empowers more people to be involved and lead
- increases the number of "on ramps" we have without creating "yet another church commitment"
- frees people to be missionally engaged in their neighborhoods
At the end of the day though, we're experimenting! This is one of the fun aspects of being a church plant, we get to try stuff.
Items for Prayer
- pray for Joe and Sydney Riffe as they continue discerning how best to proceed with their move to Fairfax to join us at Table
- pray for this new discipleship group, that it would be transforming but ultimately lead to more disciples being made!
- pray that people who would thrive in an environment like Table Covenant would connect with us and find meaningful ways to plug in
As always, we are grateful for your prayers and your partnership in the Gospel! We're excited about how we're positioned this summer and are looking forward to sharing more good news as we approach the fall.